Thursday, January 22, 2009

Dolphins before free agency

Well, the only thing to look forward to with Miami is free agency and the draft. I look at the draft as the way to build a team. Free agency to me is about plugging holes with proven good players, and age doesn't matter as much. Eventually those players will hopefully be taken over by the draft picks after a year or two.

The Dolphins have some key players hitting the free agent market in Vernon Carey, Channing Crowder, Andre Goodman, Yermiah Bell, Renaldo Hill. Am I missing anyone? I believe Bell needs to be resigned with a 1 year contract, and Carey with a long term contract. I want to see Miami get younger, but Bell will turn 31. Otogwe will stay with the rams, Bell needs be re-signed. I say Vernon Carey needs to stay long term because he can play LT if needed, he is still young and I think he excels in the run game. Also, I don't see anybody out there besides Gross, and he'll demand Steve Hutchinson money. I think by locking up Carey, other positions can be focused on with a long term view. I believe Miami needs to dab in the FA market and the draft with a lot of defensive players due to age.

No comments:

Post a Comment