Saturday, April 25, 2009

Dolphins 2nd Pick....

I didn't see this coming with Pat White. I thought the QB depth was good enough w/ Pennington and Henne. I think Pat White was picked for the "Wild Cat." Here's a story about the pick. What do you think?

By Kevin Clark | South Florida Sun-Sentinel
DAVIE - The Miami Dolphins selected former West Virginia quarterback Pat White with their second pick in the draft, 44th overall. The choice most likely signals the team's willingness to continue running the Wildcat formation.

White, known for his speed, said in an interview after the selection that he's expecting to play multiple positions, and said he "fits very well" in the Wildcat, which he said is similar to what he ran at West Virginia. He will probably be featured at wide receiver and running back.

White has said in the past he hopes to play quarterback in the pros, but seems happy to be in the NFL regardless.

White threw 56 touchdown passes over his four year career, but more importantly for the Dolphins, he scored 47 rushing touchdowns. He won both the Fiesta and Gator Bowl MVPs in his time as a Mountaineer.

"I've definitely heard a lot about the Wildcat, and I'm just happy to be a part of it," said White. "I had no expectations [entering the draft]. I was just hoping that somebody would give me a chance. The Dolphins have, and I'm definitely grateful, and ready to get to work."

White, who closed out his college career as the NCAA's all-time leader in rushing yards (4,480) by a quarterback, was told by the Dolphins decision-makers that the plan is to use him at multiple positions, including receiver. While he's never caught passes at any level, White said he's open to whatever gets him on the field.

"I just want the opportunity to play, and now that I got it I'll do what the coaches ask me to do," said White, who is the first player in Big East history to gain over 10,000 yards in total offense (10,529), and set a Big East record for touchdowns scored (103). "I've been raised to have the mindset that everything happens for a reason and there is definitely a reason this happened and I'm ready to find out why."


"I just want the opportunity to play, and now that I've got it, I'm going to do what the coaches ask me to do," White said.

No comments:

Post a Comment